Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2009...New Year, New Me

Well let's be real, I'm not going to fully change myself. I can't even fully change my style let alone myself. I guess you can call them my resolutions, those things that I never stick. But this year is different. The first "resolution" is when I agree to hanging out with someone I'm actually going to do it now. You know how you'll see a friend that you haven't seen in a while and he or she will say "we should chill some time"? Yea, well I always say "yea, we should" with no intention on doing so. But so far since '09 started I've been 1-1, very proud of myself too because even that was a stretch. Nowadays every time you turn around someone's passed away or something devastating has happened. I'd hate to hear that about a friend, especially if I said I would chill with them. Don't get me wrong, I know "we should chill some time" can be an automatic phrase when seeing an old friend (I've done it myself) but sometimes people really mean it. Resolution #2: Be less flirtatious. The majority of the time I'm not even trying to be flirtatious; it's just a part of my personality. Recently I could have lost a really good friend because I had to tell him the romantic feelings he had for me weren't mutual. It was hard since he thought he knew for a fact that I was interested in him. This isn't the first time this has happened, just the first time anyone has been so sure. So now I'm going to try to be more aware of my actions. I wouldn't be surprised if I fail with this one because I get comfortable around people quickly. I don't know...we'll see. For the 3rd and final (as of now) resolution, I'm putting the boyfriend rule back into effect. So I'll be celibate for a while but so be it. Sometimes you have to sacrifice to get what you want. ('08 Britt would've said "eff that!") But I'm tired of "talking" to these idiots/jerks...I want a good one. I'm sure you all could relate.

...it's been real luvs (new for '09)---DUECES

No comments: