Saturday, December 4, 2010

Apples and Pears Jimmy...

What's worse? Being bothered by something your s.o. (significant other) does that he or she isn't aware bothers you or being bothered by something your s.o. does that you blatantly told him or her it bothers you?  Now that I've written the question out, it's no contest.  I'd say it's the latter.  And then it gets worse when you bring it up again and they don't apologize for it or really even try to acknowledge it.  I've never been the type to be quiet about problems, or issues, or annoyances.  The purpose is for us to talk about it, fix it, and move on.  But when the other person wants to act completely oblivious to the problem, after you point it out, it's kind of hard to get to the "talk about it" phase in the process.  Personally there's only but so many times I can take a person feigning obliviousness before I have to take myself out of the equation.  When something bothers me, it eats at me until it's fixed.  Well if someone is going to constantly allow this to happen I can't two-step with you man.

Originally, this post was going to be about the differences in the way that men and women think.  You know, how women overanalyze everything and men underanalyze everything and why this is the cause that most times no real understanding is reached.  But then I realized that my specific issue isn't about me overanlyzing, or making a subliminal message.  No.  I came out and said exactly what the problem was (even if I did just write it) and he somewhat acknowledged it (told me he read it).  Now how long will I have to wait until he acknowledges my feelings about it?  In a way, it comes off like he doesn't care much.  But maybe that's just me.  You know what though, even if it is just me then so what.  I'm the one in this equation right, not anyone else.  


...it's been real luvs --->

No comments: